Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving in the United States and while everyone is enjoying their turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce, watching football and/or doing their own personal family traditions, I thought now was an apt time to pass along this website I found linked on another blog I enjoy. It's called FreeRice and their FAQ can explain their better than I can, but essentially they have a vocabulary game you can play and for every word you correctly define, ten grains of rice are donated to the United Nations World Food Program. If nothing else, it's pretty fun to learn what some weird words mean. The highest level I've reached is 38 (you start at a certain level, move up one level when you get three words in a row correct and move down one level when you get one wrong - after a while you stabilize at your personal level).

Tomorrow, I'll get back to posting irreverent lists about weird records. Have a happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the early-morning sales tomorrow if that's your thing -- if you have to work really early at some of those stores, hopefully the rest of your day goes well and tomorrow isn't too rough.

No comments: