Who made the first out in the 1903 postseason? That would be Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Ginger Beaumont, flying out to center field on a pitch from Boston ace Cy Young.
Another example of the cool things you can find out via Baseball-Reference's Play Index: The last postseason out made in Polo Grounds history was a fly ball to left field off the bat of Vic Wertz on September 30, 1954.
Here's the last players to make an out for each of this year's playoff teams.
- Arizona Diamondbacks - David Dellucci, 4-3 groundout, 10/5/2002
- Boston Red Sox - Edgar Renteria, 4-3 groundout, 10/7/2005
- Chicago Cubs - Paul Bako, fly ball to left, 10/15/2003
- Cleveland Indians - Juan Gonzalez, 5-3 groundout, 10/15/2001
- Colorado Rockies - John Vander Wal, strikeout swinging, 10/7/1995
- Los Angeles Angels - Chone Figgins, 6-3 groundout, 10/8/2004
- New York Yankees - Robinson Cano, 4-3 groundout, 10/7/2006
- Philadelphia Phillies - Jim Eisenreich, fly ball to center, 10/23/1993